2021 Spring DHC5035 Deep Learning in Medicine
This class will introduce the recent achievements of machine learning (deep learning).
- As a consecutive class of “DHC5035 Machine Learning in Medicine“, this class will cover the remaining parts of ”Dive into Deep Learning (Freely available on https://d2l.ai/)
- From Chapter 8 RNN to Chapter 17 GAN.
- DHC5036 Machine Learning in Medicine (2020 Fall semester) covered Chapter 1 to Chapter 7.
This class will not cover the medical applications but focus on the theory of machine learning.
- Programming practice included
- Bring your own laptop for programming practice
- On/Off hybrid class
- Prof. Soo-Yong Shin (sy.shin (at) skku.edu)
- Yoonho Choi (jockerd1 (at) gmail.com)
- Hyunwoo Choo (jh.choo (at) skku.edu)
- GeunHyeong Lee (nanara1119 (at) g.skku.edu)
- Geonhee Lee (lgh1261 (at) g.skku.edu)
Date & Room
- Friday 9:00 AM ~ 11:50 AM
- 임상교육장 (Building B 9F)
- Webex: https://skku-ict.webex.com/meet/sy.shin
- Dive into Deep Learning (Freely available on https://d2l.ai/)
- Python, Numpy and other necessary libraries for deep learning
- Kaggle Notebook (based on Jupyter notebook)
- Attendance: P/F
- Assignment: 65%
- Final exam: 35%
- All assignments should be submitted to GitHub ( https://classroom.github.com/a/lsIq5iN5 )
- How to submit your assignments (If you need assistant, contact Hyunwoo Choo)
- 13 Assignments
- Students should submit an assignment before next class (Thursday midnight). If late, the score will be ZERO.
- File naming convention: Assignment_1(change the number based on the assignment)_StudentID_StudentName.extension
- Assignments scores
(Course schedule can be changed.)
All on-line streaming will be recorded and uploaded in iCampus.
- 2/26: Course Introduction
- 3/5: Recurrent Neural Network (RNN) & Practice (TA: Yoonho Choi)
- 3/12: Modern RNN & Practice (TA: GeunHyeong Lee)
- 3/19: Attention Mechanism
- 3/26: Practice: Attention Mechanism (TA: Yoonho Choi)
- 4/2: Optimization Algorithm
- 4/9: Practice: Optimization (TA: GeunHyeong Lee)
- 4/16: Computer Vision (Pre-recorded lecture. See the lecture video at iCampus)
- 4/23: Practice: Computer Vision (TA: Yoonho Choi)
- 4/30: National Language Processing (NLP): Pretraining & Application
- 5/7: Practice: NLP (TA: Geonhee Lee)
- 5/14: Recommender Systems
- 5/21: Generative Adversarial Networks
- 5/28: Practice: GAN (TA: GeunHyeong Lee)
- 6/4: Final Exam